Sunday, July 18, 2010

So, this is new

I'm perfectly aware that as I post this first blog there is no one to read it yet. Quite frankly that helps a bit since not since the days of Myspace have I posted a blog about myself. What I have posted are blogs for other people. I am a content writer and have spent the past year writing things that will go on other people's websites.

A friend of mine asked me today why I wanted my own blog. I said it was because writers need to network and for the most part that's true. I want to meet other writers and generally become an easy person to find online. But the second part of this new desire to blog is that I am aware for the first time that my life is changing, and in none of the ways I expected it to. I'm twenty two and I don't have a full time job, or a car of my own, or an apartment, and I may not be going back to school in the fall due to an unfortunate twist in finances. I am currently not tied down by anything but nervous about what that may mean.

I suppose I should maybe have an idea about what this is going to all be about...
It's about a girl who wants to be a nomad. About finding a career after college. About coming in to myself and becoming someone I am happy to be.

So please come back and check on me every now and then. If you want to say hi I'd love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment