Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Good Book Tuesday

Look at that, it's Tuesday. I have my Aflac interview tomorrow so wish me luck as that job would make all my financial dreams come true.

This week's good book is On The Road by Jack Kerouac. Considering my last post I thought it was fitting. The book has intrigued me for years and it was always one of those books that people tell me I will like but I wait forever to read. I love the stream of consciousness writing and I went a step further and got the "Original Scroll" version. For some background information; Jack was a beat poet and went on this drug induced road trip across America. he wrote the whole book as one giant thing. No punctuation, no page breaks, no paragraphs. I thought that this style would bother me more than it did. The story read like it was being told to you by your over the top hyper friend. The only reason that style bothered me at all was because there was no convenient place to end reading.

I liked the book, I like Jack Kerouac and his crazy road trippin' ways. His prose is pretty impressive and I would like to read some more of his novels. As great as it was to have the original format of the book I may go ahead and suggest getting it in the mass marketed normal format. It would be easier to read that way. If you like travel, road trips especially, pick it up sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment