Monday, July 26, 2010

I want an RV for Christmas


Every now and then, more so in the warm months, I get a need to travel. Symptoms are looking for modes of transportation, searching for destinations, and a general restlessness. I get anxious and sometimes a bit panicky too. I think right now I am in some weird limbo of freedom and impending responsibility. School may not be an option this year so I don't have that keeping me here. I currently am hired at JCPenney but it's not a career. While everything (most things) is giving me the "its now or never" go-ahead I am still sitting in my house. How would I get the money to leave? How would I pay for my massive accumulation of loans and bills while I'm gone? How would I even pay for car insurance?

I had a plan for the longest time. The plan was that when I was free from school I would spend one whole year traveling the world. That plan has seen some major issues. One issue is that I have spent the last two years gung-ho on the idea of moving immediately after school. But once I have a monthly rent payment isn't that dream of wandering around aimlessly done for? The plan dwindled down to six months, since that's when my loans would start to need paying. Now its just North America. Ideally, right now, I want to get some sort of vehicle and spend a year (or six months, or hell even three) just driving. I have an overwhelming feeling that if I don't do this now I will never have another chance.

My dad asked me yesterday what I would do if I could do anything I wanted. I told him I would travel, continuously. I want to be nomadic. To have a home to go back to but to have the option to stay away. I just need to figure out how to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment