Thursday, September 23, 2010

my future home edition


So I'm sitting here at home with my foot propped up after surgery today. I have had a ganglion cyst on the top of my foot for about four years and finally had it removed. I'm not nearly as entertaining as I thought I would be what with my pain medication and the drugs they put me to sleep with. Mainly I am thinking about how dangerous this could be for my bank account. As my friend Amanda over at Glows Novel Addiction can attest one of my favorite ways to pass the time is to look for things to think about (hardly ever actually) buy.
As of now it seems that as of next summer I will be a student at either UNO or Loyola and a resident of New Orleans. I am currently looking for things to fill my future home.

Things I think I need that I probably don't:
coffee table books- top contenders being vintage pin ups and travel photographs
paintings/pictures
an apron-my obsession with procuring and apron is strange and fairly needless as the only reason I can cook is because of my blind devotion to Martha Stewart.
and that brings me to...
Martha Stewart cookbooks
signs
knickknacks

Things that I am pretty sure I can make
coasters- I can get titles and stamps and make my own
a cool clock- maybe from an old record or an awesome plate
a cook book- if I can get all my friends to write me one recipe :)
paintings- ummm...my future roommate is an artist and i am skilled with stamps and stencils

Maybe I can make some of these things while my foot heals so I can get them off my mind. I feel like I could end up like that ginger kid on the fruit roll up commercial who had to hop on one foot as that is my mode of transportation right now.

And since Amanda asked so nicely here
are my first ever attempt at erotic horror :)

2 comments:

  1. YAY! I can't wait to read them, when I'm finally not sick any longer and can therefore actually make sense of what I read.

    And I do that too, go online shopping, or go to Bed Bath and Beyond to find things for my future home that I don't actually need. My future home is going to look like a dorm room/ bachelor pad. x_x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have a feeling mine is going to be a special brand of bohemian/vintage/ preppy/mod/nonsense lol

    ReplyDelete