Monday, November 1, 2010

On (Halloween and) Writing

Well, my favorite holiday is done and I am left with an empty place in my heart (stomach) where the halloween spirit (candy) used to be. I went to Covington Ky. and saw some mighty interesting costumes. There was a nun having Satan's baby, a California raisin, and a VERY convincing Allen from the Hangover complete with full beard and front baby carrier. There was also Zombie Marilyn Monroe, a martian, bert and Ernie, and Slash.

There was Sarah, who was "a shitty lion tamer" (note: she has no legs and only one arm IRL)


and me and Branden, a voodoo doll and a voodoo doctor

Our Halloween Miracle happened after the first bar. We were all trying to be conservative with our money this year and had a drink budget. Leaving the first bar Sarah found a $20 bill on her wheelchair. Someone had dropped it and it fell right in for our broke asses to find.

Now that Halloween is over, it is NaNoWriMo. This year I am actually editing the novel I did for last year's NaNo and writing one that has been in my head, rolling around for years now. I'm pretty excited about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment